Yasaka-jinja Shrine - at the heart of Kyoto!


 After Kyoto sushi and cooling off, I walked toward the Yasaka-jinja Shrine (aka Gion Shrine) located only 10 minutes from the inn. The sun was lower in the sky so thought I'd get this shrine in before I head back.
Founded over 1350 years ago, it is considered one of the most famous shrines in Kyoto. The Gion Festival, held every year for the past 1,100 years, is one of the most famous festivals in Japan and lasts for the entire month of July. I know they light up the lanterns at night so I'll definitely head that way at some point.
















 
It was an absolutely beautiful evening with the setting sun adding a touch of gold to the buildings.








What a wonderful end to an incredible day. Back to the inn for much needed sleep and more adventures tomorrow. Good night (Oyasuminasai)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Day in Kyoto! Go big or go home!

Day in Hiroshima...Powerful, devastating and inspiring!

It's a wrap!